[Vip-hh] Volunteer at CWIT!

Janelle Sanfillippo janelle.sanfillippo at gmail.com
Wed Sep 20 23:44:46 CDT 2006

Hi H&H Volunteers!

My name is Janelle Sanfillippo and I am the VIP coordinator for the Center
for Women in Transition.  CWIT is a shelter for displaced women and their
children.  It is comprised of three side-by-side houses.  The organization
takes in seven single women and seven families of women w/ children at a
time.  The children range in age from infants to young adolescents.

Because CWIT likes to maintain consistency when planning volunteer events,
we've decided to establish a set schedule this semester so that the kids
become familiar with all of us.  Therefore, starting this upcoming week, we
will be volunteering at CWIT every other Monday from 6pm-7pm.  We'll be
planning various games/activities to play with the kids each time we go.

So, our first volunteer date will be this Monday, September 25th from
6pm-7pm. If you're interested in coming, please e-mail me at
janelle.sanfillippo at gmail.com  We will be meeting at the Union Circle around
5:45 and then we'll all drive over together.

If you have any questions, please let me know!

Also, you don't have to commit to going to every event, but the more
familiar faces we have, the better it will be for the kids.

Thanks!

~Janelle Sanfillippo