[Vip-hh] St,. Jude's

Derek Vigil dvigil at uiuc.edu
Sun Feb 24 22:47:17 CST 2008

Hi all H&Hers,
      My name is Derek Vigil and I am the volunteer coordinator for St. Jude's Catholic Worker House, and I have just contacted them and found out when we can help with their soup kitchen operations. We can come in and work any time between 8:30 am and 1:30 pm from Tuesday to Saturday. Consider the weekday times, because it is always good to have a break from classes here and there. On the other hand, volunteering on Saturday morning could be a good way to start off the
weekend, especially if you don't have time for such activities during the week. We will go in for a two-hour shift, whenever it is. If you are interested in volunteering at St. Jude's email me at dvigil at uiuc.edu with the days & times that are good for you. I would like to set up a weekly time slot, so I will consider what times are best for everyone and pick a day accordingly. You can feel free to come when you are able to, even if that is not every week. I would like to get started volunteering this week (25th February-1st March), so if you could get back to me on this ASAP that would be great. I
look forward to seeing you all while volunteering at St. Jude's!

best

Derek

St. Jude's Catholic Worker House serves the Champaign-Urbana community by preparing free lunch to those in need seven days a week. They also provide housing for a subset of the homeless in the community, and are looking to provide housing for homeless women, especially.