[Vip-hh] Upcoming events for 03-31 - 04-06

Christina V. Dracopoulos cdracop2 at uiuc.edu
Mon Mar 31 00:47:00 CDT 2008

Hey H&H!

Free on a specific day?  Come out and volunteer for a few hours!  Get away
from studying (or partying :)) and volunteer your free time.  Keep reading
to see what day works for you. Don't forget we *always* provide
transportation.  Thanks!

I.    Tuesday Afternoon
II.   Saturday Morning
III.  Saturday Afternoon

Hey volunteers-
If you have some extra time Tuesday afternoon, come out and volunteer with
us at Salt and Light distribution center. They mostly need help with sorting
clothes and food packages and possibly some office filing. It's really easy
and they really appreciate your help!  Contact us at arebell2 at uiuc.edu or
mgarhan2 at uiuc.edu

RECAP
When: Tuesday April 1st from 2:30-4:30
Where: Salt and Light Distribution Center
Why: Because volunteer work makes you feel good (and looks good on a
resume).
How to get there: Transportation will be provided. Meet in the Union Circle
drive outside at 2:15. We're the ones with the van!
Thanks!

Cristina and Meghan
Hunger and Homelessness co-coordinators
VIP

Come volunteer St. Jude's Catholic Worker House this Saturday, from 9-11 am.
St. Jude's is a soup kitchen and recovery home serving the homeless
community of Urbana-Champaign. It is a great opportunity to connect with the
community outside of the University and make a positive impact. We will
leave from Illini Union circle at 8:50 am. Email Derek at dvigil at uiuc.edu if
you are interested

Hey Guys!!

We have an exciting volunteer opportunity this Saturday, April 5th, at the
TIMES Center! We will be working in the soup kitchen helping to serve lunch
to all the guys there. It should be a lot of FUN and a GREAT opportunity to
VOLUNTEER and meet some new people!

Transportation is provided! We will be leaving from Union Circle Drive [the
Green Street side of the Union] at 11:15 a.m. on Saturday and be returning
between 1:30-2:00 p.m.

If you have any questions feel free to email Maria-mkaidas2 at uiuc.edu or
Stefanie-sradler2 at uiuc.edu.  Also, we'd really appreciate it if you emailed
us back to let us know if you're coming so we have a heads up count.
 Thanks! See you Saturday!!

Christina V. Dracopoulos

College of LAS - Spanish & English

Volunteer Illini Projects