VIP: Senior Citizens Events!

Rachael Gortowski rgortow2 at illinois.edu
Sun Apr 5 19:52:27 CDT 2009

Hi guys! Here are the events for Senior Citizens for the week. Remember to
email the coordinator for the day you want to go telling them that you will be
there, show up at the Union Circle Drive (it is connected to Green Street) at the
time listed below, and look for a large red cargo van or a silver mini van that
has a sign saying 'VIP Senior Citizens' in the window. If you have any questions,
please email me (rgortow2 at illinois.edu) or the coordinator for the day you
want to volunteer on.  (If you want to be removed from this email list, please
send me an email telling me what email address you want taken off the list)

*In addition to the weekly events, we have two volunteer appreciation events
coming up in National Volunteer Week (April 19-25) ! The first will be a
luncheon hosted by Carle Arbours Nursing Home on Thursday, April 23, from
11:30-1:30. Transportation will be provided. The next will be the Sunshine Jubilee, hosted by VIP in the Illini Grove next to the PAR dorms on April 25,
from 1-4. We will have lots of food and games at the Jubilee. Consider going
to either (or both!) events because they will be a lot of fun! You can bring
friends to either event, even if they have never volunteered with VIP before. If
you are thinking about attending either event, please send me an email, as we
need an estimate of people attending for both events.*

Monday (April 6) - Be at the Circle Drive by 6:20 PM
Fun and Games - 6:45-7:45- Coordinator Danielle (mullend1 at illinois.edu)

Tuesday (April 7) - Be at the Circle Drive by 6:35 PM
Bingo – 7:00-8:00 – Coordinator Lauren (greener2 at illinois.edu)

Wednesday (April 8) – Be at the Circle Drive by 6:15 PM
Bingo – 6:45-7:45 – Coordinator Nate (nbubb2 at illinois.edu)

Thursday (April 9) – Be at the Circle Drive by 6:10 PM
Bingo – 6:30-7:30 – Coordinator Toni and Archana (tespina2 at illinois.edu and
kanteti2 at illinois.edu)

Saturday (April 11) -Be at the Circle Drive by 1:45
Musical Concert - 2:00-3:00 - Coordinator Kandice (hardney2 at illinois.edu)