VIP: Senior Citizens Volunteering this WEEK!

Diana Rechenmacher rechenm1 at illinois.edu
Sun Sep 12 12:49:53 CDT 2010

HELLO VOLUNTEERS OF THE SENIOR CITIZENS PROJECT!

This is our first week of the year to be volunteering with the senior
citizens!! So, to recap for those of you who came to the
recruitment/orientation nights and those who couldn't make it, I will be
going over (briefly) in this email what you will be doing as a volunteer.
It's really easy, I promise.

*MONDAY: meet at Illini Union by 6:10 pm* FUN AND GAMES NIGHT at Champaign
County Nursing Home. The coordinators will help set up some games, but as a
volunteer, you might have to be active in finding some of the senior
citizens around the nursing home to play with you. The coordinators for that
evening will be: Katie, Gayatari, Priyanka, and Esther. Again, we provide
transportation to and from the nursing home.

*THURSDAY: meet at Illini Union by 6:25pm* BINGO NIGHT at Prairie Winds
Assisted Living. The coordinators will help set up the bingo games. As a
volunteer, you just sit at a random table and play bingo with them! The
coordinators for that evening will be: Luis, Grace, and Lauren.

Hope many of you can make it!

As always, please email me with any questions.

Thanks!
Diana

--
Diana Rechenmacher
University of Illinois | Urbana-Champaign