VIP: Senior Citizens APOLOGY and AGENDA FOR THE WEEK

Diana Rechenmacher vip.senior.citizens at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 11:37:10 CDT 2010

Hello amazing VIP Volunteers!

I hope you all had a great weekend and are looking forward to the week
ahead!

First off, I want to APOLOGIZE for the Thursday volunteers who carved time
out of their day to volunteer with us. The van that we typically use was not
able to get out of the parking lot due to construction along Matthews
Avenue. Other VIP projects experienced this same problem. I have talked to
the Illini Union and this should no longer be an issue. Thank you to those
who showed up and we will do our best to ensure that this does NOT happen
again.

Now...the agenda for the week!

*MONDAY FUN AND GAMES NIGHT *at Champaign County Nursing Home from
6:30pm-7:30pm. Be outside the Illini Union Circle Drive by 6:10 pm. Look for
the white van! The coordinators for that evening will be: Katie, Gayatari,
Peter, Priyanka, and Esther. Again, we provide transportation to and from
the nursing home.

*THURSDAY BINGO NIGHT* at Prairie Winds Assisted Living from 6:45-7:45pm. Be
outside the Illini Union Circle Drive by 6:25pm. Look for the white van! The
coordinators for that evening will be: Grace and Lauren. Again, we provide
transportation to and from the nursing home.

*Also, be sure to give your name and email to our coordinators as VIP is
trying to document total volunteer hours for the year. Thank you and I hope
many of you can make it!

Diana
--
Diana Rechenmacher
University of Illinois | Urbana-Champaign