VIP: Senior Citizens VIP Senior Citizens Meeting Recap and First Night of Volunteering

Peter Cote vip.senior.citizens at gmail.com
Fri Sep 2 15:45:14 CDT 2011

Hey Guys,

Here is a quick recap of the meetings we had in case you couldn't attend.

*What a typical week will look like:*

We will be going to nursing homes three days a week:
*
*
*Monday*: Fun & Games Night from 6:30-7:30p at Champaign County Nursing Home
*Wednesday*: Fun & Games Night from 6:30-7:30p at C-U Regional Rehab Center.

*Thursday: *BINGO from 6:45-7:45p at Prairie Winds Assisted Living

The schedule is very flexible. You can come as often or as little as you
like and feel free to bring your friends!
*
*
*Transportation:*
*
*
*Rides will always be provided!*  We drive a gray VIP van and we meet at
Union Circle Drive which is right in front of the Illini Union (The Green
Street side)

*Coordinator Positions:*
*
*
We have a few coordinator positions available. Coordinators are responsible
for attending an event every week, driving, and making sure everything runs
smoothly at the nursing home. This is a great way to become more involved
and get some leadership experience. Let me know if you are interested or
just have any questions.

I'll be sending out weekly emails letting you all know the schedule for the
upcoming week. *Volunteering will start next Thursday with BINGO on 9/8! *Meet
at the Union Circle Drive by 6:30. We are only going Thursday next week, but
after that we will start with the normal three nights a week on 9/12. Please
let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks and have a great weekend!

Peter

--