VIP: Senior Citizens Special Volunteering Opportunity

Anna Weinstein VIP.senior.citizens at gmail.com
Wed Apr 11 17:04:26 UTC 2012

Hi Volunteers!

Volunteer Illini Projects is getting a group together to volunteer at
the Illinois Marathon on Saturday April 28th from 9am-12pm. This is a
huge event that hundreds of students in Champaign-Urbana get involved
in, so it would be a great opportunity to help out and volunteer with
your community! Volunteers will be responsible for handing out water
at one of the three on campus water stations.

Please sign up to volunteer for this awesome event at:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AmrDZ5_zIa--dGVBZlBuQnF3aVpwSm1ObUZBVGdOVVE#gid=1
   You will be contacted closer to the date with details about exactly
where to go. You get a FREE T SHIRT for volunteering!! If you are in
another group where volunteer hours are required, THIS COUNTS!

Also, VIP is hosting our annual Sunshine Jubilee right after the
marathon at 12:30pm (on April 28th), and we are inviting all VIP
volunteers to attend! This is a fun gathering at the Illini Grove (for
a map, click here:
http://www.campusrec.illinois.edu/facilities/illiniGrove/map.html)
where we recognize you for your hard work and dedication and just hang
out as a group and enjoy some food and snacks. Because our shift for
the Illinois Marathon is right before the Sunshine Jubilee, it would
be awesome if you came to both events, but if you can only come to
one, we would still love to see you there to support the Marathon and
Volunteer Illini Projects!

RSVP to your Director by Wednesday April 18th by responding to this
email so we have an idea of how many people are planning on going to
each event and how much food to provide!

Thanks for all your volunteering this year and I hope to see you at
both the Marathon and the Sunshine Jubilee!

Sincerely,

Anna Weinstein

PS- More volunteering this Thursday! Meet at the circle drive of the
union BEFORE 6:45pm! See you then!!