VIP: Senior Citizens Fwd: Senior Citizens- Local Internship/Credit Opportunity

VIP Senior Citizens vip.senior.citizens at gmail.com
Sat Oct 13 16:55:06 UTC 2012

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Kathryn Digiulio <digiuli1 at illinois.edu>
Date: Fri, Oct 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM
Subject: Senior Citizens- Local Internship/Credit Opportunity
To: vip.senior.citizens at gmail.com

Hi!

This is an internship/for-credit course opportunity in the CU area. I
thought I'd pass on the information to VIP, so interested students would
have a chance to become involved with local senior citizens. This is an
amazing opportunity- feel free to pass it on to other audiences!

"The Legacy Project" Service Learning & Internship Opportunity for Creative
Writers

Clark-Lindsey Village, a continuing care retirement community, would like
to invite Creative Writing students from the University of Illinois to
participate in the "Legacy Project."  Students will have the opportunity to
work one-on-one with a resident, or a few, to create a bound book of their
stories and life experiences.  The format of the Legacy is entirely up to
the student and the resident: short stories, novels, poems, etc.  We will
work with student interests to form resident partnerships that will be
mutually engaging.  Explore the unwritten love stories, war tales, and
other amazing experiences our elders have to share, while gaining hands-on
experience in Creative Writing.

For more information, please contact Laura Beyer at lbeyer at clark-lindsey.comor
217-344-2144.

http://Clark-Lindsey.com/volunteer/student-volunteers