[Vip-socialempowerment] April Events!

Rachel Dubrow rdubrow2 at uiuc.edu
Sun Apr 2 15:36:40 CDT 2006

Hi everyone!
Our annual Sunshine Jubilee is quickly approaching!  This
volunteer recognition event is going to be April 30th from
5-7pm at Frat Park (Washington Park). It's always a lot of fun
and I'd love to see you all there!
A one-time event to mark down on your calendars is Friday Fun
Night, which will be held on Friday, April 28th.  This event
actually runs from 6:00 to 8:30 pm (with set up before and
clean up afterwards).  For this event we are needing
volunteers to help with set up, clean up, help with
concessions (we serve pizza, pop and chips), and help staff
our carnival games (these include bingo, ring toss, simon
says--to name a few). So e-mail Liz and Nick at
sehelpinghands at gmail.com if you're interested!!

I'd also like to announce the Volunteers of the Month for
March! They are...Jeff Brandt and Stephanie Niemiec. Both of
them did a great job volunteering! Please stop by the VIP
office on or after Tuesday the 4th to pick up your prize!

OK that's all for now, have a great Sunday!

Rachel Dubrow
Social Empowerment Director
Volunteer Illini Projects, Inc.
LAS: Sociology (Pre-Law)