[Vip-socialempowerment] Name Change Info

Rachel Dubrow rdubrow2 at uiuc.edu
Mon May 8 21:09:53 CDT 2006

Hi again,
Sorry for flooding your inboxes with e-mails!! I just want to
explain why I am considering changing the name of Social
Empowerment. Social Empowerment is a title that has the
potential to cover a broad range of topics...anything that
involves social change could potentially fit with SE. The main
theme for all of our sub-projects (MAMA, Latino Outreach,
Helping Hands, Don Moyer, Global Partners, and A Woman's Fund)
all have to do with helping ease the transitions people make
during their lives, whether it be having a baby as a teen,
being an international student on campus, and being part of a
minority. I thought of the name Life Transitions because it
targets the types of groups that we work with.

If you have any other ideas that you think would be better or
are opposed to the name change, please let me know. I'm open
to any new ideas, suggestions, etc., so let me know what you
think!!

Thanks,
Rachel :)

Rachel Dubrow