[Vip-specialprojects] **SPECIAL PROJECTS VIP UPCOMING EVENTS!!! :)

cweisman at uiuc.edu cweisman at uiuc.edu
Fri Feb 24 00:44:13 CST 2006

Hi everyone! I know this is a looong e-mail but please read
it mark your calendar for any events you would like to
volunteer for and e-mail me back for what you want to do!

*March 3rd events school carnivals-** I know it's
unofficial but I REALLY NEED VOLUNTEERS! Please help so the
kids can have a great carnival! :)
* Carrie Busey Elementary school 4:30-8pm
* West View Elementary School 5:30-8:30pm

*YMCA Fun Pass Program. Recreation really needs volunteers
for this. It runs M-TH from 3-6pm you will be needed to help
6-8th graders with their homework, play games/sports with
them and go on planned field trips. Please e-mail
kfranke at uiuc.edu if you are interested in the fun!

*March 4th Read Across America. This even is promoting and
celebrating reading for children. They need students during
2 hour shifts from 9-11,11-1,1-3 here are the bus schedules
to get there...The 10Gold, 5Green, 6Orange, 7Grey will all
pick up at the Union and bring people to Lincoln Square.
(http://www.cumtd.com/maps.html ) will show you the exact
routes.  I suggest the 5Green though, it's a very direct
route and runs frequently.

*March 4th Polar Plunge! I will be sending the times out
shortly this event is a fundraiser for Special Olympics.
They need our help with registration and making sure the
event runs smoothly.

going once... going twice... and sold!!!
March 9th time TBA. Silent auction/Movie night. Volunteers
are needed to sell pizza pop, play with the kids, and run
the auction.

April 8th Masquerade Ball for C-U Special Recreation. I know
this event is during Mom's day weekend but you can bring
your mom! They will need help decorating before the event,
setting up, and DANCING! wahoo!
Courtney Weisman
Junior, Community Health
Secretary ALS Council
Choreographer, Recruitment, & Travel coordinator, Illinois Synchronized Ice Skating Team president Delta Sigma Omicron
Special Projects director, Volunteer Illini Projects
Teaching Assistant CHLTH 111