[Vip-specialprojects] So many great events!

Katie Flamand flamand2 at uiuc.edu
Mon Feb 19 23:55:10 CST 2007

Hi all,

Lots and lots of great events coming up! If you are interested in any of
these, let me know ASAP.

*THIS Thursday Feb 22nd- VIP Senior Citizens Event*
We'll be making root beer floats and hanging out with the residents at
Champaign County Nursing Home from 6:45-7:45pm. Email jwincek2 at uiuc.edu if
you are interested.

*THIS Friday Feb 23rd- Bottenfield School Carnival*
Volunteers will be running games at the carnival from about 5-8:30, email me
if you are interested.

 *Sat Feb 24th- Kids @ Krannert*

Krannert Art Museum (located at Sixth and Peabody) is looking for volunteers
to help at Kids @ Krannert, a big family festival the museum is hosting on
Saturday, February 24 from 10:00­am-12:00pm.

There will be art activity tables set up in the museum and we need people to
staff the tables -- explain the activity to children and help them with the
project. Volunteers will need to be here from 9:45­am-12:15pm.

If interested, please contact Anne Sautman at asautman at uiuc.edu or 244-0619.

*Friday March 2nd- Westivew Elementary Fun Festival!*

Westview Elementary annual Fun Festival is looking for volunteers on Friday
March 2nd from about 5:30-8:30 to help run games at this awesome event... *
free* *pizza provided*! If interested in volunteering, please send me an
email.

*Saturday March 3rd- Family Fun Day at Family Resiliency Center*

The Family Resiliency Resource Center located at Christopher Hall (On
Lincoln & Nevada). This is a fairly new center and the Family Fun Day is
being held to raise awareness about the center.

There  will be many activities for children and families, including face
painting, crafts, music entertainment, storytelling, and more for volunteers
to help set up and run. It goes from 2-5 but we can break it up into shifts,
just let me know if you are interested.

*Saturday March 10th- POLAR PLUNGE!!*

The Polar Plunge is Special Olympics yearly fundraiser. Teams raise money
for the cause and then jump into the freeeeeezing water at Lake of the Woods
in Mahomet. It's tons of fun! Volunteers will be needed to help with the
event, but *the most important thing you can do is form a team and raise
money!* Please let me know asap if you're interested.

*Sunday March 11th- Faith in Action Chore Day*

Day long volunteer event where we will go out in to the community and help
senior citizens in need. Email me if you're interested.

That's it for now! Let me know if you want to participate in any of these
events. Have a great week!

Peace,
Katie

--
Katie Flamand
Political Science, Spanish

the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has"- Margaret Mead