[Vip-specialprojects] Orientation Nights and Volunteer Opportunities!

Katie Flamand katie.flamand at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 23:52:42 CST 2007

Hello wonderful VIP Volunteers,

My name is Katie Flamand and I'm the new director of Special Projects. I
want to thank everyone who came out to recruitment night, it was great to
introduce the project and talk to some of you. Orientation nights are coming
up quickly, and they are as follows:

THIS Thursday Feb 1st at 8pm in English Building 160
NEXT Wednesday Feb 7th at 7pm in English Building 160

We also have some great volunteer opportunities coming up this month- two
this weekend!

THIS Friday Feb 2nd-  Habitat for Humanity is looking volunteers to help
clear out our old store location!  They need help clearing out the remaining
merchandise; moving merchandise to our new store; filling a dumpster with
anything we don't want; removing exterior signs; and scrapping window paint
signs.  It *isn't glamorous work, but it's great support for a great
organization. If you are interested, please contact me ASAP so we can
coordinate when to go (anywhere between 1 and 5). *

THIS Saturday Feb 3rd- Afternoon Activities at SWANN Special Care. They run
from 1:45-4, so plan on meeting at Union Circle Drive at 1:30. Please let me
know if this is something you are interested in!

February 23rd- Bottenfield School Carnival! This event is tons of fun and
runs from 5:30-8pm.

Please let me know if you are interested in any of these events and I hope
to see you all out at Orientation Nights!

Peace,
Katie

--
Katie Flamand
Political Science, Spanish

the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has"- Margaret Mead