[Vip-specialprojects] Volunteer Events and Upcoming Orientation Nights

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Fri Feb 1 15:29:08 CST 2008

Hi Volunteers!

     Here are some more of our upcoming events for the months of February
and March.  If there is anything you would like to help out with please
email me back, *remember to **please include the event you'd like to
volunteer at in the subject line.
*
**

**

*Seniors Valentine Party – February 15 from 5:00-9:00pm *
    Help throw a terrific party for local seniors at the Douglass Community
Center.

*Bingo : Monday February 18th from 7:00-8:00pm *
    Come join us at C-U Special Recreation  and help our participants play
Bingo. Call the numbers, help participants keep their cards marked
correctly, help pass out prizes, have fun!

 *Westview Fun Fest: Friday February 29th  from 5:30-8:30pm *
    Assist the Westview Elementary School running games for their elementary
school carnival.

 *Fill Eggs for Nite Lite Egg Pursuit – March 4th from 4:00pm *
    Help the Champaign park District prepare for the Nite Lite Egg Pursuit

 *Fill Eggs for 18th Annual Eggstravaganza –March 6th from 4:00pm *
    Help the Champaign Park District prepare for the 18th Annual
Eggstravaganza

 *Nite Lite Egg Pursuit – March 21 from 5:00-8:45pm*
    Come relive your childhood at this adults-only egg hunt. Volunteers are
needed to check people in, hide the eggs, guard egg hunt areas, and give out
prizes.

 *18th Annual Eggstravaganza – March 22 from 8:00am-noon*
    Help the children of Champaign search for eggs at Douglass Park. We need
volunteers to help set up the event, hide eggs, and assist with supervising
the kids.

 *Lunch with Mr. Cottontail – March 22 from 11:00am-3:00pm*
    What more could any child want after a big egg hunt than lunch with the
bunny himself? Help needed setting up and running games and activities in
the Douglass Center

*And don't forget, VIP Special Projects is having its orientation nights
next week!  *We will go over upcoming projects, and have a quick overview of
the plan for this semester. If any of you would like more information, have
any suggestions, and/or would like to know more about coordinator positions
you should come to one of the two orientation nights:

*Where*: Room 145 Lincoln Hall

*When*: Monday February 4th at 8pm   OR

Wednesday February 6th at  8:30pm

And if you would like to be removed from the email list, email me at either:
spernan2 at uiuc.edu OR
vip.special.projects at gmail.com

Thanks,

       Sri