[Vip-specialprojects] Special Projects October Volunteer Events!

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Sun Oct 26 15:36:06 CDT 2008

*Hi Volunteers!
         *Here are some of our upcoming events for the end of October, and
some general information regarding service projects on campus. All the
volunteer events and activities count as service and volunteer hours.  If
there is anything that you would like to help put with please email me at *
vip.special.projects at gmail.com* and include the event you'd like to
volunteer at in the subject line! Once you express interest I'll get back to
you with more information about the event and information regarding
transportation there if you need it.

But first some Important Updates…

   - We have tons of exciting events for November, and you should receive an
   email about them shortly, contact me if for some reason you do not receive
   the November email
   - If you are involved with a club or organization on campus that has an
   event coming up that you would like volunteers for, feel free to send me
   information about it and will let you know if I can include it in my emails
   - If you have particular concerns or requirements for the a volunteer
   event (i.e. it should be able to accommodate 20 – 30 volunteers) just let me
   know and I will try my best to help
   - If anyone is interested in leadership positions I am always looking for
   qualified coordinators, just get back to me and I will send you an
   application!

*

October Events!*

* Halloween Fun Fest: October 27th  **6-9pm** at the Market Place Mall*
            Help the Champaign Park District set up and run games for
their Halloween
event that draws thousands of area children.

*Halloween Party: October 30th **5:30-10:30 pm** *
            Want to get dressed up and have a blast? CUSR is hosting a
Halloween Party where costumes are required! We will be eating pizza and
playing games. Volunteers are asked to help with set-up of the party and
helping to run the games.
*
Other VIP organizations: *
*VIP November Blood Drive : Tues Nov 11th- Fri Nov 14th**
            *Assist with handing out flyers and getting the word out about
the drive (an on campus event)

*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
*
*Other Organizations:*

***Transitions Resale Store*
           (not a one time event) Do you love organizing? The Center for
Women in Transition Resale Store is in need of volunteers.
*Contact:*Monique M. Phagan (217)352-7151 ext. 32 or
storemanager at cwt-cu.org
* *
*The Catholic Network of Volunteer Services*

*What happens next?*
What are you going to do after U. of I.? Get a job? Go back to school?
If you interested in giving back and making a difference in the world,
consider a long-term volunteer experience.

Catholic Network of Volunteer Services has member programs in all 50 states
and more than 100 countries across the world including Africa, Asia, Central
America and the Caribbean, South America, Europe, North America, Australia,
and the South Pacific. CNVS is the umbrella organization that helps students
find a placement that fits their interests and talents in their desired
location.  There are positions in every type of setting: large and small
cities, suburbs, and rural areas in nearly 100 different service categories,
from teaching and social services to medicine/nursing to community
organizing and homelessness services.

You will find a placement that fits you, with people and communities that
desperately need your services. Volunteer opportunities range from a week to
a summer to a two-year commitment - and everything in between.You do not
have to be Catholic or Christian to become a volunteer.

For questions, concerns or a firsthand account of a long-term volunteer
experience, please *Contact*: Katie Hamilton at khamilt3 at illinois.edu or
visit www.cnvs.org.
*

**Comments? Questions? Concerns? vip.special.projects at gmail.com

**Thank you and remember to Vote on Nov 4!**
                       ----Sri  Pernankil*

--
Srinija Pernankil
University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign