VIP Special Projects April Volunteer Opportunities!

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 22:59:27 CDT 2010

*
Hey Special Projects Volunteers!

First of all, I want to wish everyone a fun and safe spring break! Second of
all, I wanted to give you guys a heads up of events we have coming up after
we get back to campus.

Our first event is the Westview Fun Fest Family Carnival---U of I student
volunteers are needed to run carnival type games; cake walk, face painting,
fishing pond, fortune telling, etc.  We need 50 + student volunteers for 18
different games.

When:  Friday April 9th 5:30-8:30pm  Volunteers should arrive between 5-5:30
to enjoy a free meal, and get room assignments/directions for games.  Games
run from 6-8.  8-8:15pm volunteers are needed to help with cleanup and take
down of equipment.

Where:  Westivew Elementary School 703 S. Russell Champaign (on the corner
of John and Russell Streets; MTD bus line, 6 blocks west of Prospect)

ALSO:

Volunteer Tri-the-Illini*

The Fighting Illini Triathlon Team is looking for volunteers to help
work the second annual Tri-the-Illini on April 24th, 2010. Race takes
place right here in lovely Champaign-Urbana. All volunteers will
receive a free shirt! There will be a mandatory meeting for all
volunteers to go over race day procedures and tasks approximately a
week before the race (Day and Time –TBA) along with a pre-race meeting
on race day. If interested in volunteering at the Tri-the-Illini
please contact Natalie Turza by e-mail ( turza1 at illinois.edu). Please
include your email address, name, and phone information for contact.

*Saint Baldricks Day*

Saint Baldrick is a foundation that helps raise money for kids with
cancer typically through hair shaving event. John Wiencek is looking
for individuals to help hang fliers, spread the word, and day of the
event volunteering. The event will take place on April 11th at a
location TBA (will be on U of I campus). For more information or to
participate, the event website is
http://www.stbaldricks.org/events/mypage/eventid/4635/eventyear/2010.

All of these are awesome opportunities, so e-mail me back if you are
interested! You guys have been awesome so far this semester, keep it up!

--
Brian Wlezien
University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com

believed to be clean.