VIP Special Projects: Give back this weekend!

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Thu Mar 31 13:05:55 CDT 2011

hello again,

There are still spots left for both of our event this weekend! Please email
me ASAP if you would like to help out!

Go Green on Green St
When: Friday 4/1
Where:on Green Street (from Wright Street to Fourth Street)
Background: this event will have over 30 booths set up along green street
with different information/ entrainment/ raffle prizes about “going green.”
Participants will get a punch card, which can be used for special deals from
area businesses once they visit/ get a punch from every booth.
To Volunteer: Volunteers will help with the set up/take down, running
booths, or be a part of the ‘street team.’ volunteers receive free raffle
ticket food, and other goodies; volunteer t-shirts are $5. When you pick up
your shirt, you sign up for a shift.

sign up, t-shirt pick-up, and other volunteer information was on Wednesday
3/16 from 6-8pm, in the BIF Atrium.  If you could not make it but are still
interested in volunteering, email coordinator Tracy Lau at
lau22 at illinois.edu. you can also visit http://www.gogreenongreen.com for
more info.
Transportation: none provided

Chore Day
When: Saturday 4/2, 1-3pm
Where: Roma’s house
Background: Chore Days is a program organized through Provena Faith and
Action, where volunteers help Elderly members of the community with chores
they can no longer handle themselves.
To Volunteer: We will be helping out a woman named Roma with her yard work.
This is a unique opportunity to really see the difference you can make!
Please email me ASAP if interested.
Transportation: provided

--
Kate Stephens  II  Special Projects Director 2011
Volunteer Illini Projects  II  University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com
*
If you like to be removed from this list serve, email me back at anytime.
Please Include any potential email addresses that you could be listed as in
the body of the email.*