VIP Special Projects: volunteer events THIS WEEK!

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Mon Oct 3 22:52:59 CDT 2011

Hey there volunteers,

I hope you all had a fun homecoming weekend! Now it's time for some super
awesome volunteer opportunities, happening THIS WEEK!
Check 'em out!
*
VIP Special Project event this week!

Race Against Racism: Registration**
When: Shift between 11am-2pm on Thursday 10/6-Friday 10/7
Where: At booth on the Quad or outside YMCA
*Race Against Racism is a local run/walk meant to promote the ongoing right
against racism. We need volunteers, this Thursday and Friday to help runners
sign up for the event! please up on the following doc (broken up into one
hour shifts). Please sign up with name and email!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aor-O_mFrgnodE5zWDlOS1VJNXZURklFOWV6c1Znbnc&hl=en_US#gid=0

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Other VIP events** this week*
Buddy Walk- Carnival*Saturday 10/8
shifts from 9am-12pm or 12pm-3pm
transportation provided*

Hey Everyone! Best Buddies has been working with the coordinator of the
Buddy Walk to help plan their carnival. We need volunteers to help work
carnival games. This is a great event as a lot of our buddies go and love
it! It is to raise awareness for down syndrome. If you would like to
volunteer please fill out the form below:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dHRCdVVUNFNfZjZFWWJpQWFFVzdHRGc6MQ

It is next Saturday October 8th at the Champaign County fairgrounds and
there are two shifts 9-12pm or 12-3pm. You also get a free meal and t-shirt!
:) We will provide transportation, but would love any help if any of you
have cars and would be willing to drive. We hope to see you there! -Cindy,
Claire, and the Coordinators

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
community events this week*

*Champaign Park District: Bike Safety Clinic*
We are in desperate need for 5 more volunteers to help with a bike safety
clinic for kids on Saturday, October 8.  We need volunteers to work a 2-hour
shift from 7:30am to noon.  Please register at

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dGladV9fdzE3T3dRLVZmOExCYnZmUUE6MA

This bike safety clinic is in conjunction with the Champaign Park District
Obstacle Mobstacle race in Centennial Park.

--
Kate Stephens  II  Special Projects Director 2011
Volunteer Illini Projects  II  University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com
*
If you like to be removed from this list serve, email me back at anytime.
Please Include any potential email addresses that you could be listed as in
the body of the email.*