VIP Special Projects: come help this week...or just buy cookies :)

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Mon Oct 31 12:25:31 CDT 2011

hey there volunteers,

Hope you all had a fun weekend!

Here's what we have going on this week in the world of VIP:

VIP Special Projects:

Quad Fundraiser for Unite for Sight! **still need some volunteers!!**
*When: Wednesday 11/2, 11am-1pm
           Thursday 11/3,    10am-1pm
           Friday 11/4,        10am-1pm
Where: the Quad*
We will be selling Hot Chocolate and Cookies on the Quad for three days!
All proceeds go to Unite for Sight, a non-profit organization that empowers
communities worldwide to improve eye health and eliminate preventable
blindness. This Event is in conjunction with VIP Special Projects VIP
Health Needs, and Unite for Sight (U of I chapter).
Sign up for a one hour slot here:  https://docs.google.com/
spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aor-O_mFrgnodG5taGZfenQwZzJ6OUl1Q3JqSnpjS2c&hl=en_US<https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aor-O_mFrgnodG5taGZfenQwZzJ6OUl1Q3JqSnpjS2c&hl=en_US>
Questions? contact Tracy Lau at lau22 at illinois.edu

Samaritans for Seniors *save the date*
*When: Saturday, Nov 12 (exact time TBD)
Where: TBD*
Samaritans for Seniors is a program that sends groups of volunteers to the
homes of an elderly residents of our community to help them clean up their
house or yard for a few hours. We had so much fun with this last semester,
we're doing it again! Be on the lookout for more details later this week!
*Transportation: TBD, most likely provided*
~*~*~*~*~*~
Other VIP Projects...(contact the email listed for each event to sign
up/ask questions)

*VIP Commnity Justice: *
Pen Pals needed!
Are you interested in an interesting and fun service project that you can
do from the comfort of your dorm or apartment? Then the pen pal program is
for you! Interested students will be paired with an inmate incarcerated
somewhere in Illinois. We ask that pen pals write at least one letter a
month (stamps and envelopes ARE PROVIDED). It is COMPLETELY SAFE. As a pen
pal, you use a pseudonym and a fixed return address. This is a great
opportunity and is truly life changing. For more information, email Kailey
@ vip.community.justice at gmail.com.

--
Kate Stephens  II  Special Projects Director 2011
Volunteer Illini Projects  II  University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com
*
If you like to be removed from this list serve, email me back at anytime.
Please Include any potential email addresses that you could be listed as in
the body of the email.*