VIP Special Projects: VIP Special Project Events for February!

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 20:59:55 CST 2012

Hey there Volunteers!

First off, thank you to all those who took the time to check out Special
Projects either at the recruitment or orientation nights. As promised, I've
been working hard to plan events for our project. One thing that I do want
to emphasize about our volunteer opportunities though --> our hours count
for anyone who needs volunteer hours for any other volunteer organization,
so please consider coming to some of these events!

Mark your calenders on:

*February 13th*: March of the Penguins Prepwork at the Orpheum Children's
Museum. Our volunteers will help transform the theater of the Museum into
an Arctic wonderland to mimic what life is like for the Emperor Penguins.
    *Time*: 4-6PM
    *Maximum of 6 volunteers* due to the limit of the VIP bus, though if
there are more volunteers we can always take the bus. *Please send me an
email by the 9th (the Thursday before) if you can go. *

*February 29th*: VIP Special Projects Meet N' Greet (!!). Join my directors
and me for a fun short activity night where you get to know our project and
what we do. It'll be a great way to meet all those who are in the
organization as well as an opportunity to get some free food and
entertainment!
    *Time:* 6-7:30 PM

*Longterm month project :)*

This is the first time Special Projects has done something like this, so
please work with me here to make this a success :)* VIP will be teaming
with the I.D.E.A store, a green educational art shop in downtown Champaign
that reuses everyday objects to make creative "new" items for sale! *The
I.D.E.A shop also hosts creative workshops that help people create
one-of-a-kind items. All proceeds go to the Champaign-Urbana Schools
Foundation which are to be directed to classroom use.
   *How do we help?* The I.D.E.A shop is always in need of donations to run
their shop, so I would like to *start a drive to collect some of the items
that the I.D.E.A shop needs*. *Here is the list* (
http://the-idea-store.org/assets/documents/Acceptance%20List%20SEPTEMBER%202011.pdf).
I would like to have all donations dropped off at the VIP RSO room 268 by
the 2/24, though if you can't make that deadline I will collect them at the
2/29th Meet N' Greet event (another reason to come!)

*OTHER VOLUNTEER ACTIVITIES*:

VIP Environmental is volunteering at the Urbana Park District's Stewardship
Saturdays events. Some of the duties that volunteers will be in charge of
will include removing invasive plants, improving trails, planting native
trees and flowers and assisting with general clean up. Tool, gloves,
instruction and refreshments will be provided.
*Dates*: February 11 (9-11, 1-3)
          February 25 (9-11, 1-3)
          March 10 (9-11)
          March 24 (9-11, 1-3)
          April 14 (9-11)
          April (9-11)
Roserry, the Director for Environmental, will have additional information
as well as a sign up sheet for the dates if you're interested. Email her at
vip.environmental at gmail.com

Cheers!

Jessica Gao

--
Jessica Gao  II  Special Projects Director 2012
Volunteer Illini Projects  II  University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com
*
If you like to be removed from this list serve, email me back at anytime.
Please Include any potential email addresses that you could be listed as in
the body of the email.*