PACE Low Vision Fair, Cans Across the Quad, and Leadership

VIP Special Projects vip.special.projects at gmail.com
Mon Sep 30 01:11:18 UTC 2013

Hi Volunteers,

Hope your week was good and your Dad's weekend was even better!

Just wanted to let you know about some events this week.

*Tomorrow* is the Office of Volunteer Programming's event *Cans Across the
Quad*. They are looking for volunteers *all day*, but especially from
5:30-7:00. If you are interested in volunteering, go to the *Anniversary
Plaza *just south of the Main Quad and let them know you want to help. If
you don't have time to volunteer, but you have some leftover food you don't
need, *bring canned or boxed food* to Anniversary Plaza to help meet the
goal of 5,000 cans!

Another volunteer opportunity for *Wed. Oct. 2* is the PACE Low Vision Fair.
They are looking for volunteers to set up tables, set up food, show people
where tables and vendors are located, and clean up. The event is from *10:00
am - 2:00 pm* at the *Faith United Methodist Church in Champaign*. If you
are interested in volunteering, email *Becky at beckydegeorge at frontier.com.*
*
*
The third and final thing is that we are looking for new people to be on
the Board of Directors for next semester. If you are interested, we are
having a* VIP Leadership Night* on *October 15 and 16*, so you can talk to
the current directors and executive board. If you are interested in being a
*coordinator for Special Projects*, email me your interest at *
vip.special.projects at gmail.com*.

Sorry for the long email. As always, if you have any ideas for an event,
please let me know.

Have a great week,

Ellery

--
Ellery Marks | Special Projects Director 2013
Volunteer Illini Projects | University of Illinois at Urbana- Champaign
vip.special.projects at gmail.com
*
If you like to be removed from this list serve, email me back at anytime.
Please Include any potential email addresses that you could be listed as in
the body of the email.*
*
*
[image: facebook buttons] <http://www.facebook.com/VolunteerIlliniProjects>
*Be sure to "Like" us on Facebook! | ** [image: twitter
buttons]<http://twitter.com/VIPillinois>
  <http://twitter.com/VIPillinois>Follow us on Twitter!*