[Vip-tutoring] VIP Tutoring Important Info

cieniews at uiuc.edu cieniews at uiuc.edu
Sun Sep 11 19:47:02 CDT 2005

Hi guys!

How is everyone doing? I hope you all had a wonderful
weekend! I am writing this email for a few reasons:

1. For all of you who were NOT able to make it to
Orientation Nights and still would like to tutor this
semester, I need some information from you!  Please email me
ASAP with the name of the school/s you would like to tutor
this semester.  If you do not have the info regarding the
schools we work with, attached you will find a brochure that
gives some specifics.  Please email me with any questions
you may have! IF YOU DO NOT SEND ME THIS INFORMATION, YOU
WILL NOT BE ADDED TO THE EMAIL LISTS FOR INDIVIDUAL SCHOOLS
AND WILL NOT RECEIVE INFO ON HOW TO GET STARTED TUTORING.

* All those who have tutored with VIP in the past and are
planning on continuing to tutor at the same schools, I also
need you to send me this information so I have an updated
list of volunteers that correspond to the individual
schools! Thanks!!!

2. COORDINATOR APPLICATIONS are due TONIGHT at 9pm - All
interested applicants can either email me the applications
or drop them off at the VIP office - there is an envelope
outside the door of the office that reads Tutoring
Coordinator Applications, just slide them in there. For all
those that already handed in applications, you should be
receiving an email within the next few days regarding
whether or not you have been chosen for an interview.

3. Unfortunately, due to lack of volunteer interest and
scheduling concerns with the school, VIP Tutoring will NOT
be tutoring at GARDEN HILLS this semester.  I am hoping that
this will not be permanent, but for now, we will not be
tutoring at Garden Hills.

4. Also, because the Tutoring Project is always trying to
expand its horizons and serve the community as best we can,
I am currently in the process of working with a local agency
called Salt and Light.  Salt and Light is hoping to begin an
after-school tutoring program for ALL C-U area students of
all ages ranging from Pre-K to 12th grade.  More info on
that is to come, but please keep this opportunity in mind.
They are going to need a strong volunteer base in order to
get this program up and running!

Wow - This is one long email! I think I am about done for
now, but as always, if anyone has any questions, please feel
free to email me!

Thanks guys! :)

Sara Cieniewski
Volunteer Illini Projects, Inc.