[Vip-tutoring] Important Note and Opps

Maggie Meyers mmeyers2 at uiuc.edu
Tue Mar 14 12:33:30 CST 2006

Hey, everyone!! Hope all is well with your last week before spring break!

First order of business: I just wanted to make sure you all know that just
skipping out of tutoring without first notifying your school is not acceptable.. I
know you are all volunteers and are giving your time/energy.. HOWEVER, it is
unfair to the schools and students if you just don't show up.  Also, even if you
do notify the schools.. please try not to miss your tutoring sessions if at all
possible!! Please treat this like a job, even though you are wonderful enough not
to be paid for it!! THANKS!!

TUTORING OPPORTUNITIES:
-It turns out the thirteen year old girl who needs a tutor on Saturdays during the
late morning/early afternoon at the Urbana library will need a tutor who can
help her during the summer.. SO, if you're going to be around Champaign/
Urbana this summer and want to help out.. just let me know! First one to
respond gets the opportunity!
-I'm still looking for tutors for Don Moyer Boys and Girls Club from 3-4pm M, T,
W, or Th.  If you are interested, let me know.. and let me know what days you'd
be available for an orientation after spring break!

Thanks everyone!!
HAVE A MARVELOUS SPRING BREAK!!
:) maggie
Margaret S. Meyers
University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign)
English, Seconday Education

Director of Tutoring, Volunteer Illini Projects
Member, Campus Honors Program
Member, Honors Student Council
Member, Campus Crusade for Christ