[217mafia-gaming] Game suggestions

dan blah blah at chambana.net
Tue Dec 18 15:41:26 CST 2007

Yummm... this is a good start of a list.  We really should try and
create a good list of games we can *all* stand to play and that are
cross platform (I know some of you are going to bitch... Doug you
aren't allowed to reply if you are going to bitch ;).  Really though,
there are at least 3 or 4 who are using Macs/OS X, 2 who are using
Linux, and then everyone else is using Windows XP/Vista.  Not everyone
is able for various reasons to dual boot either.

With keeping multiple platforms in mind when posting suggestions for
the LAN party game list lets try and do something like:
-=MMORPG=-
EVE - lwm (linux, windows, mac, c-linux and mac support with with crossover)
Project Entropia - w
WOW - wc

-=RPG=-
Hellgate: London - w

-=FPS=-
HL2 Deathmatch - wc
CS - wc
Team Fortress 2 - wc
Unreal Tournament - wc
Armagetron-ad - lwm

-=RTS=-
Starcraft - w
Age of Empires/Age of Kings - wc

You can search the crossover support database at
http://www.codeweavers.com/compatibility/search.  I will set up space
for us on 217mafia.com so we can document what we are playing and have
a place to post news and shit we want visible to the public.

Again, if you know of others who would want to be part of this have
them visit http://lists.chambana.net/cgi-bin/listinfo/217mafia-gaming
to sign up to this list.

On Dec 18, 2007 3:08 PM, Matt Freer <mfreer at uiuc.edu> wrote:

> I wont be able to make it this Saturday, but I'd be down to do some gaming
> in the future.  Here are some suggestions for what we can play (I can
> provide some of these if needed):
>

> Eve – just started Sunday… Dan are you playing?  If so, whats your in-game
> name?

No not yet, will be when my new lappy comes in though.  I will be sure
to drop you my in-game name.

> Team Fortress 2 – pretty awesome game – would be great to do LAN party
> style, but I think people would actually have to buy this one.  on steam its
> $29.95 standalone or for $49.95 its included in the orange box (comes with a
> bunch of other awesome games like portal, and the HL2 series).  In any case,
> this is probably the best multiplayer game out there right now.

Yeah Bryan was just saying we should play this as well.

> HL2 deathmatch – gravity gun awesomeness

Yeah this looks pretty dope.

> CS – either source or the old school version would be fun

Well duh!

> Starcraft – classic RTS fun

Yeah I would love to get in some Starcraft action.

> Age of Empires/Age of Kings – more RTS

Eh...