[Sandra Ahten Art] many art workshops

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Sat Jul 3 11:32:05 CDT 2004

Hello people!

I have been arranging to bring in talented arts professionals for exciting
one day, weekend, and week long workshops at the High Cross Art Studio in
Urbana. (Formerly the Frank Gallo studio space). If you are interested in
this type of offering I hope that you can take advantage of one or more of
these during this initial offering. Response will indicate whether we can
continue to make this service available to the community in the future.

I have listed the workshops below along with classes that I teach. Details
can be found under “classes” on my website at www.spiritofsandra.com.
Sincerely, Sandra Ahten

***Career Day with Janet Bloch
A workshop for the advanced artist who has built up their resume and is
ready to pursue solo shows and/or gallery representation.

***Exhibiting Professionalism with Janet Bloch
The workshop will dispel some of the mysteries of how to submit materials
for exhibitions and to galleries. Dramatically increase your chance of
getting accepted into shows and getting your artwork seen. The workshop will
cover: slide quality, slide labeling, building your resume, artist
statement, professionalism, and pricing of your work.

***Drawing in Color Pencils with Gil Rocha
Artist and instructor Gil Rocha will share his 25 years of experience
drawing with color pencils in a six-hour hands on workshop. As a beginners
course workshop instruction will cover various types of color pencils and
their properties, application techniques, color mixing, value manipulation
and drawing surfaces.

***Doll Making with Jana Ueble
Found Object Doll
Fantastic creatures can spring to life from the most mudane objects.
Participants in the class will learn basic armature, forms, and joints to
make a doll from "found objects".

***Fundamentals of Oil Painting with Sandra Ahten
This course will introduce students to the fundamentals of oil painting
techniques. Working from a still-life, participants will learn basic color
theory and indirect and direct painting techniques.

***Portrait, Still Life, and Landscape Painting (en plein air) with Joy
Thomas
An intensive five day workshop with a renown oil painter.
“Each day will be filled with instruction and lots of fun. If you haven’t
worked with Joy Thomas before, you are in for a real treat. She is the most
energetic, communicative and delightful instructor you could possibly
imagine. Plan to come like a sponge, ready to soak up her expertise.”