[Sandra Ahten Art] Events and Studio Space

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Thu Jun 3 10:08:41 CDT 2004

Greetings fellow art makers and art lovers from Urbana artist Sandra Ahten.

I have had many referrals in the last month… so “welcome” if you are new to
this email list. You will receive this listing of art happenings from me no
more than once per month. If you would like to be removed just reply with
your request.

Details on these happenings can be found at www.spiritofsandra.com

-- Many local artists have traveled to Chicago for workshops with Janet
Bloch to help them move to the next stage of their career. I have arranged
to bring Ms. Bloch to Urbana. She is conducting a workshop to help artists
dispel some of the mysteries of how to submit materials for exhibitions and
to galleries, getting into shows, and getting your art seen. (July 18) In
addition she is conducting a workshop for the advanced artist who has built
up their resume and is ready to pursue solo shows and/or gallery
representation. Limited to 4 participants. (July 17).

-- Life drawing at High Cross Art Studio begins June 15!

-- My painting are on display at Milo’s Restaurant in Urbana, at the
University of Indiana at Gary, and at the Colfax Cultural Center in South
Bend Indiana. In addition my newest work can be seen at the High Cross
Studio Gallery.

-- Drawing and Painting Classes begins on June 17.

-- Studio space has opened up at High Cross Art Studio beginning at $115 per
month. Maybe it is time to get your project out of your laundry room and
elevate it to a new level. You can do it! If you need info on this contact
me directly as I don’t have the web info updated yet.

-- Mad Dog Press in Champaign is offering a weekend etching workshop on June
25, 26 and 27th. For more information on this email Larry Hamlin at
HamlHarr at aol.com.

-- If you are an artist / craftperson who would like to teach a workshop or
class as High Cross Studio, please contact me through the website.
www.spiritofsandra.com

Until next time,
Sandra Ahten