[Sandra Ahten Art] art, diet and changing the world

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 8 08:39:51 CST 2005

Greetings from Sandra Ahten,

It should be the quiet of winter -- but my activity meter is off the charts.
I am conducting art classes and workshops, facilitating diet groups, and,
well, trying to change the world. Want to join me? Click on any of the links
below to get details. Or follow this link to get a printable version of
class details.
http://spiritofsandra.com/classimages/spiritofsandra_class_schedule.pdf

ART CLASSES***** (for February &  March
http://www.spiritofsandra.com/sandra_body.php?page=classes

Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain -- For adults who have always wanted
to learn to draw.

Fundamentals of Oil Painting Weekend Workshop -- Beginners to Intermediate.
All supplied included.

Art With Intention -- An opportunity for adults to explore their creative
voices.

Collage For The Soul -- Learn the many avenues of collage techniques

ART SHOW*****
http://www.spiritofsandra.com/sandra_body.php?page=shows
My paintings have been selected to be in a four person show at TOJO Gallery
1418 W. Division Street, Chicago. The opening is Friday, March 4, 6:30pm.

ART STUDIO*****
http://www.spiritofsandra.com/sandra_body.php?page=studio
I have studio space available for artists starting at $140 per month.

“CHANGES” DIET SUPPORT GROUPS*****
http://www.spiritofsandra.com/sandra_body.php?page=classes_specific&classID=17
I have facilitated diet support groups for more than 5 years. Join myself
and co-facilitator Mary Beth Wade, PhD to help you make healthy changes in
your life.

CHANGING THE WORLD*****
Books to Prisoners – Please donate all your unwanted books to this effort.
What doesn’t get shipped to prisons will be sold at a fundraising book sale.
Drop off at Strawberry Fields in Urbana, or for larger donations drop off at
the Illinois Disciples Foundation at the corner of Springfield and Wright.
Or contact me for a pick up.

CU-Citizen’s for Peace & Justice are trying to persuade Champaign County not
to re-sign the contract for the inmate phone service at the county jail. The
county gets a kickback of $14,000 per month on this contract.  If you are a
resident of Champaign County you can sign a petition at
http://www.petitiononline.com/cucfpj/petition.html
If you would like more information email me.

Wishing you peace in your life,
Sandra Ahten
217-367-6345

Note: I send out this newsletter less than once a month. If you would like
to be taken off the list or if you received it through another lists and
would like to have it mailed to you directly please reply to this email.