[Bikecoop-announce] Fwd: Invitation to 1st annual CCB public meeting & pot-luck picnic this Thursday

Barry Isralewitz barryi at ks.uiuc.edu
Mon Aug 13 14:21:06 CDT 2007

Hi all,

	In less than one year since founding, Champaign County Bikes has had
impressive and actual effects on C-U bike lane construction, planned
road construction, and moreover in helping keep the word "bicycle" in
the head of nearly everyone in town who does  road planning and other
long-term planning.
	The Bike Project has worked with CCB at some of the public events
they have put together (including our auction at the 1st Champaign
County Bike Festival); uniformly great folks with tremendous bicycle
knowledge, enthusiasm and experience.

	CCB is having its annual meeting this Thursday.  Hope you can make it.

	Cheers,
	Barry

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Richard J Langlois <rlangloi at ad.uiuc.edu>
> Date: August 13, 2007 1:53:12 PM CDT
> To: "_<pcc-l at lists.prairienet.org>" <pcc-l at lists.prairienet.org>,
> _Bikecoop <bikecoop at lists.chambana.net>, <IBRC-INFO-
> L at LISTSERV.UIUC.EDU>
> Subject: [Bikecoop] Invitation to 1st annual CCB public meeting &
> pot-luck picnic this Thursday
>
> The acting steering committee of Champaign County Bikes (CCB)
> invites you to the first
> Annual Meeting and Pot-Luck Picnic
>>
>> DATE: THURSDAY, 8/16/07
>> TIME: 5:30 PM to 8:00 PM
>> PLACE: Rob and Leslie McClintock's home. 3304 S. Race Street, Urbana.
>> McClintock's is the second house on the east side after the bridge
>> past Meadowbrook Park. The driveway is exactly opposite the
>> electric gate entrance to the VetMed facility.
>>
>> Please let us know how many in your family will attend so that we
>> may be better prepared.
>> RSVP to : RickLanglois at gmail.com
>> We hope you can join us.
>>
>> SCHEDULE:
>> 5:30-6:00 social hour & barbecue
>> 6:00-6:45 eating
>> 6:45-7:00 business meeting
>> 7:00-8:00 presentation and discussion led by Ed Barsotti,
>> Executive Director, League of Illinois Bicyclists
>>
>> POT-LUCK SUPER
>> Burgers, chips, and some soft drinks will be provided. Please
>> bring a small dish to share if you are able to. If you wish to
>> drink something special you may want to bring that as well. You
>> may want to bring a folding chair.
>>
>> MEMBERSHIP DRIVE
>> We will be asking everyone present to fill out a membership form
>> and contribute the modest sum of five dollars which will go into
>> the general funds of the CCB to be used on operating expenses and
>> CCB advocacy activities  With a paid membership you will be
>> eligible to vote in the elections for the board of directors.
>>
>> BUSINESS MEETING
>> 1. Vote for an elected board of directors and steering committee.
>> 2. Present the new CCB by-laws.
>>
>> PRESENTATION
>> Lead by Ed Barsotti
>> We are very pleased that Ed Barsotti will give a presentation
>> including some strategies for the future of CCB.

Barry Isralewitz   Theoretical and Computational Biophysics Group, UIUC
Beckman 3043   Office Phone: (217) 244-1612  Home Phone: (217) 337-6364
email: barryi at ks.uiuc.edu      http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~barryi