[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project Thanksgiving Update. December events coming up!

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 23:17:41 CST 2009

Hey all,

*FIRST - Welcome!*
Welcome to The Bike Project announcement list!  There are a lot of people
getting this for the first time.  Our Americorp Volunteer (thanks
Emma) updated the email list with all the membership forms and visitor
sign-in addresses.  This is a low traffic announcement list, and you should
get no more than 1 email per week (usually less) that lets you know what's
going on at The Bike Project.  These announcement emails are a great way to
keep up with our bike pickup events (new stock), social/charitable events
(like Cranksgiving), and the latest hours that The Bike Project is open.  If
you'd like to "unsubscribe" there is a link at the end of this email.

*SECOND - Thanks!*
The Bike Project is having another great year due to our excellent
volunteers, the support of our members, cooperation with the University and
the communities, and a great relationship with the Urbana-Champaign
Independent Media Center.  Thanks all around.  Keep up the good work!

*THIRD - Winter clean up - Lighting installation.*
We will be having flourescent lights installed in the "Dark Side" of the
co-op sometime in late December.  We need folks with Build-a-Bikes and bikes
on hold to get those cleared out by December 15th if possible.  If you have
a personal bike, a frame, or wheels stored at the co-op (you shouldn't be
"storing" stuff at The Bike Project) - please pick it up so we have enough
space for the lighting installation.  Bikes with expired tags will be
returned to the wild.  Also, there are *four bikes locked outside to the
rack and railing* at the stairwell that have been there for quite some
time.  *The bikes have been tagged for removal*.  If the owners don't pick
them up The Bike Project will consider them "donations."

*FOURTH - Women & Trans Night!!! Tuesday, Dec 1st, 6-9PM.  *
This month will be the 2nd Women and Trans Night.  Most of the volunteers
will be women and childcare will be available.  Use this time to clean up
your bike before storing it for winter, to set up your winter beater bike,
or to just learn new bike maintanence skills.  The first event was very
successful (several post event kudos) and there were many new faces.  Lets
keep this up!  A woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle!

*FIFTH - December General Meeting.  All welcome.  Tuesday, Dec 8th, 6-8PM,
Food provided*
Help decide what The Bike Project is doing in 2010.  All current members
have a say and a vote at the General Meetings.

Ride safe and have a happy Thanksgiving holiday.  We'll see you around The
Bike Project.

*The Bike Project*

If you want to "unsubscribe" from this low traffic announcement email list,
here's the link -
http://lists.chambana.net/cgi-bin/listinfo/bikecoop-announce