[Bikecoop-announce] Starting TODAY - Bike Maintenance Class at The Bike Project!

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Sun Oct 11 09:20:53 CDT 2009

 Hello all,

Michael Burns and Vince Pham have put together a bike shop class for staff
and The Bike Project members. *The first one is TODAY!
*
*Sundays from 11:30am - 1:30pm on the following dates:*

*(TODAY!) Oct 11* - Bike fit and types, emergency roadside repair. No stands
needed. This one does not have a limit on participants.

*Oct 18* - Brake/Derailleur adjustments, general tune-up, addressing the
drivetrain, and safety check.

*Oct 25* - Bearing adjustments/overhaul and wheel truing.

*Nov 1* - Full overhaul and miscellaneous.

As noted, classes would be 2 hrs, roughly from 11:30am-1:30pm on Sundays.
We'll take a hand-on approach. Since this is the first time and what we
consider a "dry run," it'll be free of charge but of course, donations for
the instructors time and energy.
So here are some logistical issues. First, if you're interested in attending
all the sessions, let us know. We're going to cap the enrollment at 12
(except for the first day) and have roughly 5 spots open (so first come,
first serve). Second, you can bring your own bike or we'll find a shop bike
to work on.

Please contact me (vpham at illinois.edu) by Thurs at 5pm if you are
interested.

Best,