[Bikecoop-announce] TBP General Meeting, NEW DIY Hours, and Women's Night!

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 08:55:06 CDT 2009

Hey everyone,

Now that its cooling off outside, we're just warming up at The Bike Project
(yeah corny, I know).  Here's what's happening:

1) *The Bike Project General Meeting* - Tues, October 27th, 6PM at The Bike
Project.  Lots of important stuff on the agenda and *food will be provided*.
Great place to ask about volunteering and get more involved.  You can review
/ edit the agenda here -
http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/orgmeet-2009-Oct-27.

2) *New DIY Shop Hours* - Thanks to our Americorp Volunteer, Emma, we can
open up more hours during the week.  These hours are DIY Hours for The Bike
Project *Members Only*.   If you need mechanic help, you can refer to the
shop manuals or ask questions at evening hours.

   - *Monday, 2-5:30PM* - Regular Hours follow from 5:30-7:30PM
   - *Tuesday, 2-7PM -* Occassionally bumps into Women's Night (first
   Tuesdays)
   - *Wednesday, 2-6:30 PM* - Regular Hours follows from 6:30-8:30PM
   - *Thurs, 2-6PM* - Regular Hours follows from 6-9PM

3) *First Ever Women's / Trans Night at The Bike Project* - To better serve
our female / trans members, we are starting a monthly night specifically for
them.  The *first Tuesday of the Month from 6-9PM is Women's Night*.
Women's Night starts next week on Tues*, Nov 3rd*.  Most of the volunteers
staffing will be women and child care will be provided.  "A women needs a
man like a fish needs a bicycle."

4) *Cranksgiving II, Ride a Bike / Feed the Hungry* - Saturday, November
14th @ The Bike Project.  Noon registration, 1PM start.  Bring at least $5
to purchase canned goods during the ride.  More info at
www.chambanacranksgiving.blogspot.com.

I'll see you at these awesome events!

Tony
The Bike Project, Volunteer