[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project - August Happenings - Volunteers needed this weekend!

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Wed Aug 25 08:12:52 CDT 2010

Hello Bike Folks,

Just a quick update on The Bike Project and what's going on in the next
couple of weeks.

*The Mustache Ride was a smashing success.*
Almost 60 participants, a great route, beautiful weather, and some amazing
mustaches.  The after party with DJ Miss Info and DJ Tim Halen went on well
into the evening and included lots of freak bike carousing, dancing, and
general cameraderie.  Thanks to the organizers and volunteers who helped
make this signature CU event possible.  Lots of photos are being posted to
The Bike Project FB page.  If you've got MR pictures you can share them
there.

*Volunteers Needed at the Urbana Sweetcorn Festival Bike Parking and Bike
Info Booth*

   - *When* - This Friday evening and all day Saturday.  Volunteering for
   any amount of time will be helpful.
   - Hand out coupons for a free ear of corn to those riding to the
   festival.
   - Hang out at the bike info table distributing CU bike maps and other
   useful bike info.
   - Spread the word about how great The Bike Project is, and that we now
   have two locations.
   - Sign up here for a volunteer slot:
   http://2010sweetcornform.notlong.com

*August Bike Project General Meeting - Tuesday, August 31st @ the Campus
Bike Project, 6PM*

   - A great way to figure out how TBP works.  Lots going on right now as
   this is the busy season for bikes in CU.
   - Check out and edit the agenda online -
   http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/2010-Aug-31+Agenda
   - The University bike pickup will be next month.  Attend the meeting if
   you want to get on the list of volunteers to help with that effort (and get
   first pick of BAB projects).
   - Food will be provided.  We treat our volunteers right!

*The Bike Project Shop Tip:*  Right now the shop gets rather busy during
open hours due to the influx of University students.  If you have a personal
project or want to wrench in a less hectic environment, you should look into
going to orientation training and put down a deposit for a key to the
space.  That way you'll have access to the shop whenever the UC-IMC is open
(usually regular business hours).  Check out the orientation schedule online
and make sure to RSVP if you will be attending -
http://www.thebikeproject.org/orientation.html.

Enjoy the cooler weather and I'll see you around.

Tony Cherolis
The Bike Project, Volunteer