[Bikecoop-announce] Here comes August! Fun times at The Bike Project.

Anthony Cherolis acherolis at gmail.com
Mon Jul 26 08:49:42 CDT 2010

Hey all,

August is usually a busy month at The Bike Project.  Warm summer weather
combined with the return of students to our fair cities combine to bring
lots of new and familiar folks to The Bike Project.  In addition there are
several events that you should know about.

*The Bike Project General Meeting, Tuesday, July 27th at the Campus Bike
Project, 6PM*

   - Dinner is provided.
   - We will announce / confirm the Americorp and Campus Bike Project
   appointments.
   - Reporting on the Vision Quest meeting that just happened this weekend.
   - Planning information for the Mustache Ride.
   - *Campus Bike Project Location* -
   http://www.thebikeproject.org/campus.html
   - You can see / edit the agenda online -
   http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/2010-July-27+Agenda

*Women & Trans Night, Tuesday, August 3rd at The UC-IMC Bike Project, 6-9PM*

   - Female, Trans, and Family TBP members and first time visitors are
   invited to participate in a welcoming and nearly testosterone free co-op.
   - Women's Night is always looking to develop new volunteers and
   mechanics.  If you are interested, stop by and let Emma know.

*CU Across the Prairie, Saturday, August 14th *

   - The ride will visit communities near Mahomet on flat to slightly
   rolling terrain.
   - Routes of about 17, 35 and 65 miles (100 km) are suited for riders of
   all abilities.
   - Come enjoy country vistas, make new friends, renew old acquaintances,
   and have some fun. Marked routes, maps, sag support, a bagel breakfast and
   food stops are all provided.
   - And don’t forget the post-ride hot meal with vegetarian options.
   - *Link for more info* - http://www.prairiecycleclub.org/taxonomy/term/6

*The Mustache Ride 2 - 'Stachier and Trashier, Saturday, August 21st*

   - CU's premier event for mustachioed cyclists (even if they are fake
   'staches).
   - *Link for more info* - http://www.mustacheride.org/details.html
   - Registration is now open.  Stop shaving now.

Enjoy the heat, and I'll see you around town.

Tony
Volunteer, The Bike Project