[Bikecoop-announce] Mustache Ride 4 - Saturday, August 25

Joel Gillespie joel.gillespie at gmail.com
Tue Aug 14 19:02:33 UTC 2012

Visit the Facebook event
page<http://www.facebook.com/events/117233918423328/>(use it to invite
your friends!)

Visit the event website <http://www.mustacheride.org/>

The greatest mustache-themed bicycle ride in the Champaign-Urbana area is
going down on Saturday, August 25, 2012. Here is the general schedule:

5:00 - Registration beings: $2 per rider
5:30 - Mustache contest
6:00 - The Mustache Ride (alleycat ride)
8:00 - The afterparty <http://mustacheride.org/afterparty.html>!

*FAQ*

Q: Where is the Mustache Ride being held?
A: The registration, mustache contest, and afterparty will be held outside
of The Bike Project in Urbana
202 S. Broadway, Urbana IL
- google map<http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=202+S.+Broadway,+Urbana+IL&sll=40.093514,-88.253499&sspn=0.008519,0.01929&ie=UTF8&ll=40.112394,-88.207448&spn=0.008517,0.01929&t=h&z=16&iwloc=A>
 -

Q: What is an alleycat ride?
A: In short, it is an informal bike race (you can visit the Wikipedia
entry<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alleycat_races>).
This one is casual and for fun. We don't want anyone to get hurt, so please
ride within the rules of the road and your ability. We'll have a prize for
last place as well. The ride will include destinations within the fine
cities of Champaign and Urbana.

Q: What about the mustache contest?