[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project News

Phil Graff pmgraff at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 21:28:41 EDT 2014

Hey hey everybody,

*Members' Meeting*
SOON (aka tomorrow or tonight, depending on when you get this email):
Wednesday April 23 at 6:30 p.m. at the IMC we will be having our monthly
members' meeting. Come out for some pizza and decision-making. The agenda
is at http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/2014-Apr-23+Agenda

*First CU Bike Polo Tournament*
This Sunday, April 27 from noon to 4pm, the first CU Bike Polo tournament
will be held in downtown Urbana. They'll be closing down Broadway between
Main and Elm to create a space for the tournament. It is going to be a
great time for players and spectators alike. For more info (on how to
register a team, sign up to volunteer, or info on the great sponsors lined
up for this event) check out the Facebook page at
https://www.facebook.com/events/246160852235111/

*CU Bike Month*
May is CU Bike Month, and there are several great events going on, such as
Bike to Market Days, Bike to School Day, and Bike to Work Day. Learn more
and register to ride or volunteer at http://cubike.org/index.html.

*Indoor Bike Expo*
Also tied to CU Bike Month is the Indoor Bike Expo on May 3rd (opening
weekend for the Urbana Farmer's Market at the Square). Bicycle vendors and
clubs from throughout the Champaign-Urbana area will be providing
information and services for current and future bicyclists at Lincoln
Square Mall. For more info, check http://cubike.org/bikeexpo.html

Thanks and hope to see you at some of these great events! Enjoy the nice
weather!
-Phil
Volunteer, The Bike Project