[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project: January 2014

Phil Graff pmgraff at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 03:40:49 UTC 2014

Hey hey hey party people,

Happy New Year! Hope everyone is doing well and staying warm. Couple bigger
pieces of news here to start off 2014:

*Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday!*
The monthly meetings will be held on a different night this year! No longer
will we meet on Mondays, but the LAST Wednesday of the month will be our
monthly members' meeting! That means our next one will be held January 29,
2014 at 6:30 at the downtown Urbana/IMC location (202 S. Broadway, Room 24
from the south basement entrance). The agenda is at
http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/2014-Jan-29+Agenda

I know I keep harping on the monthly meetings, but this is where our
members decide lots of cool stuff that we'll be taking on this year. A
couple highlights to look forward to at this month's meeting:

   - For the first time in a few years, we're looking to host hours on a
   new night, and for the first time in TBP history, we aim to have open hours
   focused on Spanish speakers.
   - Volunteer Incentive Program - we'll propose a plan where volunteers
   who regularly host hours at the IMC could be eligible for rewards.

*Wednesday Night Shop Builds*
On non-last-Wednesdays-of-the-month, we'll be focusing on building up our
bikes for sale. Stop by to hang out and wrench on some bikes, no matter
your skill level. This is a really good time to learn as you go. 6:30 to
9:00 every Wednesday.

*Personal Bikes and Build-A-Bikes*
Remember that we have a two week policy on bikes; you need to update your
tag every time you work on it, and after two weeks of inactivity:

   - Build-A-Bikes are considered abandoned and are free for others to work
   on.
   - Personal Bikes are considered donations to The Bike Project.

Unfortunately, we do not have enough extra space to serve as storage.

Hope to see you next Wednesday.
Thanks!
Phil
Volunteer, The Bike Project