[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project: Feb/March News

Phil Graff pmgraff at gmail.com
Tue Feb 24 14:02:52 EST 2015

*Monthly Meeting*
It's time once again for the monthly members' meeting. Wednesday, Feb 25 in
the basement of the downtown Urbana/IMC location. We'll have pizza, discuss
the agenda (review/edit at
http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/2014-Feb-25+Agenda), and hopefully
have some time afterwards to work on a surplus of kids' bikes that we have
in the shop.

*Classes*
James is teaching a series of classes at the Campus Bike Center this
Spring. Members get a discount price for the classes, inquire at the Center
for more information.

   - March 4th Tires, tubes and rim strips 6:30pm-7:30pm
   - March 18th Brake check! 6:30pm-7:30pm
   - April 1st Shift systems 6:30pm-8:30pm
   - April 15th shift systems 6:30pm-8:30pm
   - April 29th Brake check! 6:30pm-7:30pm
   - May 13th Tires, tubes, and rims strips.

*Check your tags*
On March 4th we will be going through the bike inventory and untagging
personal and build-a-bikes in our space that are more than *two weeks* old.
If you have something you're still working on, please come in and update
the date on your tag to avoid

*Volunteers*
We always need volunteers, especially as the weather warms up and people
come in more frequently. You don't have to be an expert mechanic -- we also
need help from those willing to guide visitors through the shop (sign-in,
show the workstands) and help with the sales register/checkout. Email
contact at thebikeproject.org if you're interested. It's nice if you can
commit to a regular schedule, but even if you can only show up as your
availability allows, it's a huge help.

Thanks!
Phil
Volunteer, The Bike Project