[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project: News and Events July/August

Phil Graff pmgraff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 28 15:41:49 EDT 2015

*Monthly meeting*
Time again for our monthly meeting. Wednesday July 29, 6:30pm at the
downtown Urbana location. We'll order some pizza and go through the agenda:
review or edit at http://thebikeproject.wikispaces.com/2015-July-29+Agenda

*Volunteer with us*
*Saturdays and Sundays*: We really could use some help on Saturday and
Sunday afternoons at the IMC location. We're desperately low on staff -- if
you can help, that'd be great! If you want to commit to regularly staffing
a shift, please email us at contact at thebikeproject.org. If you want to
free-form volunteer as your schedule allows, please join our staff list at
https://lists.chambana.net/mailman/listinfo/bikecoop-staff. Note that we
may have to cancel weekend hours if we don't have enough staff, so please
check our web site on the weekends for closure announcements before heading
over.

*Light the Night 2015*: Each fall The Bike Project volunteers to help
Campus Area Transportation Study (http://www.ccrpc.org/CATS/index.php) with
their bike light giveaway. This year will be held Thursday, September 9th
in the late afternoon/early evening. For now just keep your calendar free;
we will have a signup sheet available linked from our web site soon.

*Update your tags*
Please make sure tags on any Build-a-Bikes or personal bikes in the shop
are up to date. Anything older than 14 days goes back into the available
pool (for B-a-B) or is assumed to be a donation (for personal bikes). Bikes
will be reorganized next week.

*Upcoming events*
*Moonlight Ride Friday Jul 31st*
Gathering and socializing begins at 7:15 pm with a prompt 7:30 pm departure.
Meadowbrook West Parking Lot (on Race St)
Expect at least two groups departing for the ride.
Choose a casual ride speed or a quicker pace. * No one is left behind. *
Some cyclists may proceed to Block or beyond before returning to C-U.

*The Kickapoo Rail Trail Duathlon Saturday Aug 1st*
Register as an individual or a 2-person fun relay
http://www.kickapoorailtrail.org
All proceed will benefit the ongoing development of the new rail trail
biking/pedestrian path that extends from Kickapoo State Park to Urbana

*#Urbanalove Summer Movie Night; **Saturday, Aug 22nd FREE*
Enjoy the night....Ride your bike!
*Goonies*
129 N Race St, Urbana
http://www.urbanalove.org/goonies

*August Moonlight Ride, Fri Aug 28*
Meadowbrook West Parking lot.
7:00pm departure

*Tour DeWitt Clinton, IL Sat Aug 29,*
https://www.facebook.com/tourdewitt2015
http://tourdewitt.weebly.com/

*C-U Across the Prairie Ride, Saturday Sept 5th *Prairie Cycle Club’s
Annual Cycling Extravaganza
http://www.prairiecycleclub.org/c-u-across-the-prairie-2015

Thanks!
Phil