[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project July News

Phil Graff pmgraff at gmail.com
Tue Jul 26 01:46:31 UTC 2016

Hello lovely people,

*Goodbye and good luck, James!*
Our Campus Bike Center shop manager and all-around outstanding person,
James, has accepted the challenge to bring his skills and radness to
Colorado, where he will work to empower people with bicycles (much like
here, but at a higher altitude). Thanks for the last three years, James! We
will miss you!

*Hello and hey, good luck, Jake!*
Some of you may already know Jake, as he has been a helpful hand and
guiding force at both of our shops over the last few years. He will be
taking over the shop manager role at Campus Bike Center. Normal hours
should resume by August 8th (I think), but in the meantime...

*Reduced Hours at CBC*
Because of the transitional period of shop manager, we will have reduced
hours at the Campus Bike Center. This week the shop will be closed. Next
week, the schedule should be Mon-Wed-Fri 2:00 to 6:00 p.m. (aka closed on
Tues and Thurs). *Please check our web page* for up to date information,
just in case things change. We aim to resume regular hours at CBC on Aug 8.

*Monthly Members Meeting*
Hey hey hey, it's the last week of the month again, so add it to your
calendar if it's not already there: Monthly Meeting at Urbana IMC location,
Wed Jul 27, 6:30 p.m. We'll have pizza and make some decisions, and talk
some shop. It's a good way to participate in the growth of our
organization. We've got a Google Doc for review at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/17WMSNnGqDwgUgtBcro14l5TiIXitGetG3WmFBVmOKqQ/.
If you want to edit, just request permission through Google Docs interface,
or email agenda items to contact at thebikeproject.org

*Volunteers Needed for C-U Across the Prairie Ride*
On Saturday Aug 27, The Bike Project will be looking for volunteers to help
us staff some of the stations for Prairie Cycle Club's C-U Across the
Prairie bike ride. Stations will be staffed from approximately 7am to 1pm,
but if you can find a 2 or 3 hour shift that works for you, that would be
awesome. Email contact at thebikeproject.org if you are interested in
participating. We'll provide you with more information as we get it.

Thanks!
Phil
Volunteer, The Bike Project