[Bikecoop-announce] The Bike Project January Meeting and News

Phil Graff pmgraff at gmail.com
Tue Jan 24 04:17:41 UTC 2017

Hey everyone, welcome back for a new semester and a new year at The Bike
Project.

*Members' Meeting*
We will have our monthly members' meeting at *6:30pm this Wednesday, Jan 25*
at the IMC location (basement). We'll discuss the agenda at
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cNaiXw5W6FWdTXfqSfnoPAoXNwSM4
iPSPxiff-wY2Dk/edit?usp=sharing. If you have anything to add, either edit
the agenda (email contact at thebikeproject.org if you need editor access) or
email contact at thebikeproject.org with the agenda item you'd like us to add.
We will have pizza.

*Volunteers*
Here's some of the ways you can get involved with The Bike Project. Of
course we have need for mechanics who can help people work on bikes, but we
also need the following:

   - *Front Desk*: People who can help greet guests, describe The Bike
   Project and our mission, and maybe even run the point-of-sale are needed
   for our regular open hours.
   - *Volunteer Coordinator*: Make sure we have volunteers who can host
   open hours each week, and reach out to new volunteers and connect them with
   the resources they need to succeed.
   - *Graphic Design*: We have need for flyers, pamphlets, and other
   printed materials. We'd also like to get some signs on the CUMTD buses in
   town.
   - *Photography*: We need photos for our web site and other promotional
   items.
   - *Videography*: We'd love to start a YouTube series, focused on what
   makes TBP a special place. Maybe follow a Build-a-Bike from start to
   finish, or do some interviews -- we're open to ideas!

If you're interested in any of these, please come to the meeting or drop an
email to contact at thebikeproject.org

*Shop Cleanup*
The *first Wednesday of each month* is our shop cleaning night at the IMC.
Please join us if you want to help tidy up. Also, make sure your
Build-a-Bike tags are up to date. Any tags older than two weeks are
considered to be abandoned and subject to re-use by TBP.

Thanks,
Phil
Volunteer, The Bike Project