[Bookstoprisoners] Fwd: Alternative Holiday Gift Idea!

Suzanne Linder suzanne.linder at gmail.com
Fri Nov 18 14:14:39 CST 2005

Hello all--

I sent this announcement about the gift program to the progressive email
list. If you have other people to forward it to, please do!

Suzanne

 Are you looking for a meaningful gift to give your friends and family this
holiday season? Why not consider buying a book to send to an inmate in an
Illinois prison or jail in honor of your loved one? Urbana Champaign Books
to Prisoners will use your donation to buy books to add to the Champaign
County Jail Library or to send to an inmate in an Illinois prison.

Your gift will bring hope to a person spending the holidays in prison, as
well as help Books to Prisoners meet the specific requests we have a
difficult time filling from our current collection. In particular,
dictionaries, fiction and poetry by African-American authors, and
biographies of African-American leaders fly off of the shelves in the county
jail and from the collection of books we send to inmates.

When you give your gift, we will provide a unique card for your loved one
telling them about the gift you gave in their honor as well as explaining
the mission of Books to Prisoners.

Visit www.books2prisoners.org <http://www.books2prisoners.org> to give an
alternative holiday gift!