[Bookstoprisoners] Alternative Gifts at the Peace Bazaar

Max Beshers indigoboy4754 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 23 22:17:41 CST 2005

i will also be at the packathon on saturday the 3rd and should be able to help barb and susan answer any questions that come up.  i meant to respond earlier about this but my computer is having trouble with email.  i just want to second suzanne's sentinments-
  books to prisoners has been a really positive part of my life this semester -- i'm not in school this year and it's sometimes been challenging to find direction and motivation.  BTP has been a wonderful place to focus my energy and i want to thank everyone involved.
  happy thanksgiving!
  max

Suzanne Linder <suzanne.linder at gmail.com> wrote:  It sounds like we have a plan for December 3rd!

Barbara and Andrea will take the Peace Bazaar (Barbara from 9-11 and Andrea from 11-1) and Barbara and Susan will be at the IMC that afternoon to supervise the packathon.  I'm sure that Barbara and Andrea would enjoy company at the Peace Bazaar if there is anyone else who wants to join them during their shift (or take the 1-3 shift).  And, of course, everyone will be welcome at the packathon.

I hope everyone has a wonderful thanksgiving.  One of the things that I have been really grateful for this year has been the amazing people I have met through doing this books to prisoners work and the positive energy it gives me to be working to let inmates know that they aren't forgotten.  Thank you for the hard work that you do and for being part of my life.

Suzanne

  On 11/22/05, andi brandon < andibrandon2003 at yahoo.com> wrote:  Barbara, Joan, et al,

I could take the 2 hour shift after Barbara (from
11-1pm) on Saturday the 3rd to get out the word re:
BtP and alternative gifting.  I can't help with
finding a card table, though, sorry...

I also apologize for not being able to help in getting
everything organized, as I am crazy-busy with school
right now.  If this is going to happen, I would
appreciate it if someone could email me with the
specifics (at my other email address =
sbrandon at uiuc.edu), and I'll make sure to be there.

Thanks!
Andrea