[Bookstoprisoners] Lincoln's Challenge cadets

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 21 10:39:19 CDT 2005

BIgger question I have been pondering. SHould we start calling it the
Community Book Drive to benefit the Books to Prisoners Program and looking
for co-sponsors.

Including the likes of the Champaign County Board (who might declare a
"books to prisoners" day in champaign county)... or some such thing; the
Food Coop (who might provide meals), honor socieities (who might work the
tables, flier before hand, etc)

I don't think with our current staff that we could honestly do a meal
(though it would be great... to have for all volunteers) until we get more
volunteers.

That said, I kind of think that, operating on faith and knowledge that we
live in an awesome community, we could probably say, yes, we'll have
pasteries, cereal and milk and fruit in the morning and a sack lunch.

The cadets don't need to be there all day, but it might be nice to have them
there, carry books to the cars, each in charge of a table (keeping it
straigtened), etc.

I"m rambling.
Sandra