[Bookstoprisoners] FW: [Imc] copier

Jay Schubert jay.schubert at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:55:01 CDT 2005

I think it sounds like a solid idea too. My only concern would be whether
they expect us to sign a contract to get that kind of deal. I'm doubting
that they'd be cool delivering a copier down stairs, letting us make 2000
free copies then hauling the thing back out 30 days later all for $60.

I'm guessing we (btp) would pay for the first month if the imc wanted to
exercise this as a long term option?

It sounds pretty cheap (.03 per copy). I think we can get paper for like .01
per sheet so that's .04 ea :: 30% less than Kinkos... I think we could
certainly make 2000 copies in Oct.

- Jay

On 9/22/05, Sarah Lazare <sarah.lazare at gmail.com> wrote:

> i think that is a great idea!! sarah
>
> On 9/22/05, Sandra Ahten <spiritofsandra at hotmail.com> wrote:
> > How about BtP get that copier as detailed in option #1 below for our use
> > during the month of October. I think for $60 we could save money,
> > considering fliers we will need to have made and the zine.
> >
> > What do you think?
> >
> > Chris, If we decide to go ahead with this, would you be willing to call
> > Bundy's and work out the details, be there when they delivered, and take
> > instruction.
> >
> > I'll write them a check and then get reimbursed through our account.
> >
> > Please email any objection in the next couple of days.
> >
> > Sandra
> >
> > >1) IMC rent monthly copier services from a local place like Bundy
> Business
> > >systems. This costs $60/month and gives us 2000 free copies plus 1 cent
> > >per copy after 2000. We could get an access computer attached to it,
> let
> > >our tenants use it for 5 cents a copy not including paper and probably
> > >haave it pay for itself. IMC working groups could each have an access
> > >code and pay 1.5 to 2 cents per copy.
> > >

> > >From: Danielle Chynoweth <chyn at ojctech.com>
> > >To: imc at lists.ucimc.org
> > >Subject: [Imc] copier
> > >Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 12:56:22 -0500 (CDT)

> > >After watching many non profits struggle with copiers, I have come to
> > >conclude that it is not worth it to own a copier we have to pay
> hundreds
> > >of dollars several times a year to maintain. The shit always breaks.
> > >
> > >I would suggest two options:
> > >

> > >2) Someone at the IMC self-train to fix our copier. These are not
> complex
> > >machines and usually require cleaning, lube, etc.
> > >
> > >If no one steps forward for #2, I recommend selling the copier and
> going
> > >the route of #1.
> > >
> > >- danielle

- Jay