[Bookstoprisoners] Mail Packages

Sandra Ahten spiritofsandra at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 2 06:48:21 CST 2006

FYI, I spent 1.4 hours yesterday reworking packages that were already "ready
to ship." There are 20 plus packages now ready to go.

Here are some issues....to remember when wrapping your packages... (Suzanne
could you make note of these for the instruction sheet you are making)

Make sure your address is legible and complete. The address can not be
competing with old labels or markings on the package. Use that cheap brown
tape to tape over old labels etc. One package was missing a street address,
two were missing inmate numbers.

Only use wrapping paper when wrapping similar size paperbacks or a single
hardback. (Other than that use a box). If you are using paper make sure
every corner/ edge has brown tape on it for re-inforcement. Make sure every
"seam/fold" is covered in brown paper. (I got two
that's-all-that-remains-addresses back in the mail this week.The books were
lost because the packages didn't make it.)

Do not use markers except sharpies as the others "run"  if they get wet.

This  does not apply to Pontiac, but at the end of the day, someone needs to
package Pontiac in a big box addresses to the mailroom. (this is done for
today's shipment.)

Sandra