[Bookstoprisoners] new books

Suzanne Linder suzanne.linder at gmail.com
Thu Feb 2 12:03:07 CST 2006

Hello all--

Thank again to Anne Phillips, I just picked up a box of about 40 often
requested titles by African American authors.  These books were purchased
with money raised from the alternative gift program.  About half the money
went to buy dictionaries that we are sending to inmates in Illinois and the
other half was used to buy poetry, fiction (finally some Donald Goines
books), and non-fiction by A-A authors.

I think that initially we were going to divide these titles between the jail
library and the stock of books that BTP sends to prisoners.  Do we still
want to do this?  We do not have multiple copies of most of the books so it
seems to me like they might be read by more inmates if they all go to the
jail?  But I could also be convinced that half of them should be sent to
specific inmates.

What do others think?  It would be nice to make a decision by early Saturday
afternoon so we can know what to do with them during our packathon.

Thanks,
Suzanne