[Cgfc] Marge's Menu makes a nifty gift

Darrin Drda d_drda at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 14 21:52:47 CST 2001

Dear consumers:
Some of you may know that I used to write a weekly column for the Octopus
which highlighted various unique and/or highly nutritious foodstuffs. My aim
in writing "Marge's Menu" was to inform myself and other hungry humans about
the health benefits, origins, and culinary uses of these so-called
"functional foods".

Those of you even vaguely interested in health, food, or health food will be
glad to know that the fruits of my three years of painstakingly casual
research are now available in a 164-page Marge's Menu compilation book,
which includes fascinating facts about a vast variety of veggies, legumes,
tubers, soyfoods, superfoods, herbs and spices, as well as an appendix chock
full of info about Antioxidants, Disease-Fighting Foods, Alternative
Sweeteners, and more.

The cost of this handy and handsome book is $16.

I urge you to support Independent Media and Independent Me by buying a
Marge's Menu compilation for yourself or a loved one. To do so, please reply
to this email or call me at (217) 398-3831. The book will also be available
after the holidays (though likely at an inflated price) at CGFC, the
Independent
Media Center, Strawberry Fields, and a few other joints around
Champaign-Urbana.

With warmth,
Mr. Marge (aka Darrin Drda)