[Cgfc] FIRST ANNUAL -- IMC "oh $#!+ my taxes are due when?!?" help session.

Sascha Meinrath meinrath at uiuc.edu
Fri Apr 12 13:17:15 CDT 2002

Hello fellow tax-payers,

This Sunday, April 14, 2002 at 2p.m. I will be at the IMC doing IMC tax
paperwork and offering advice and support to interested parties about how
to do their own taxes.

While the IMC's taxes aren't due until May 15th, yours are probably due on
Monday!!!  So, if you're interested in having help, helping others, or
otherwise just stopping by, this eleventh-hour tax-prep fiesta is the
place to be.  For those who've already given up hope I will also be
bringing along tax-deadline extention forms (yes, there is a light at the
end of your procrastination tunnel).

Here's the disclaimer:  I AM NOT A TAX ACCOUNTANT -- I'm not a CPA, and
I'm not a professional tax anything.  I'm just offering to help folks out
and share the knowledge and experience I have (if you have skills, you're
also most gratiously invited).  Mostly, I'm hoping that we'll get a few
folks out, demystify the process a bit, and have a good time doing what
most of us dread.

If you're procrastinating, if you're scared, if you're looking for the
least painful way to get your taxes done, please come.

Please bring food if you can, beer and aspirin will be provided,

--Sascha Meinrath

P.S. Please forward this message to anyone you think might benefit.

P.P.S. The IMC is located at 218 West Main Street in Urbana.