[cgfc] CGFC list feature survey

cgfc-admin at bitbucket.spamfodder.com cgfc-admin at bitbucket.spamfodder.com
Wed Aug 20 06:05:48 CDT 2003

Hello all, this is Matthew, your friendly CGFC list manager.

I'd like to know how many of you like to receive the
periodic reminder of what lists you are subscribed to and
what your passwords are for those lists. I've included a
sample below in case you aren't sure what I'm talking about.

There is a slight security risk because the periodic email in
question sends passwords the way it does. Although the
security issues for the list are low, I know that many
people have a tendency to use the same password everywhere
possible, and this is where the greater potential for abuse
is located.

Please let me know if you either like or dislike the
periodic email, and I will either keep it or disable it
depending on the response I get. Feel free to respond even if
you don't have a preference, or if you would like to talk
about something else entirely.

Thanks!

Matthew

----- Forwarded message from mailman-owner at lists.cu.groogroo.com -----

> From: mailman-owner at lists.cu.groogroo.com
> To: groogroo at bitbucket.spamfodder.com
>
> This is a reminder, sent out once a month, about your
> lists.cu.groogroo.com mailing list memberships.  It includes your
> subscription info and how to use it to change it or unsubscribe from a
> list.
>
> You can visit the URLs to change your membership status or
> configuration, including unsubscribing, setting digest-style delivery
> or disabling delivery altogether (e.g., for a vacation), and so on.
>
> In addition to the URL interfaces, you can also use email to make such
> changes.  For more info, send a message to the '-request' address of
> the list (for example, cu-fun-request at lists.cu.groogroo.com)
> containing just the word 'help' in the message body, and an email
> message will be sent to you with instructions.
>
> If you have questions, problems, comments, etc, send them to
> mailman-owner at lists.cu.groogroo.com.  Thanks!
>
> Passwords for groogroo at bitbucket.spamfodder.com:
>
> List                                     Password // URL
> cgfc at chambana.net                        xxxxxxxx
> http://lists.cu.groogroo.com/cgi-bin/options/cgfc/yourlogin@youraddress.com
>
> cgfc-discuss at chambana.net                xxxxxxxx
>http://lists.cu.groogroo.com/cgi-bin/options/cgfc-discuss/yourlogin@youraddress.com